Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Move # 1 - Kittery to Dunstan's Landing


It is official - I am no longer a resident of Kittery. It was a very sad day when I left the apartment - the last three years went by so quickly. The first move started when Dave and some of the guys moved Katie out on Thursday night. Then Mike came by on Friday and the two of us loaded all of my stuff into the Clean Harbors truck.
The most obnoxious part of the whole thing was that our landlord decided to have someone paint both sets of steps Thursday during the day (without informing us). By the time Katie and I showed up there was no way of getting into the apartment (so we had to find errands to do for a few hours). Then he was quite upset that we would be moving things out all day and tried to put plywood down to keep from scratching the paint (which didn't work too well). He even showed up at the apartment at 6:00 to watch the guys moving stuff and make sure everything went okay (it was kind of creepy). Then sure enough he showed back up on Friday to touch up the paint and I then informed him that I would be moving stuff later that night too (luckily he didn't show up to watch).
Anyway - all of the stuff was moved out and I went back to finish up the cleaning on Monday. Then Katie picked up the rest of the kitchen/living room items, got rid of all of the trash and took care of the last minute details. Now all of my big stuff is sitting in storage until we get back from the honeymoon and we can move into the house!!!!!!! So, sadly this was only move #1 for me. The 2nd move will be the day after the wedding when we move everything into storage and then the final move into the house (hopefully August 3rd). CRAZY!
After all of the moving I forgot to get a picture of all the stuff loaded into the truck - BUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment