Monday, May 18, 2009

Better Late Than Never

A few updates - which may explain why I haven't posted in a while.

* For the past two weeks I have been working on finishing the write up for my Action Research Project for UNE. I actually ended up finishing it the weekend of graduation - May 9th. It was a huge relief to finally have that done. I haven't received my grade yet, but it should be here soon. Now all I have to worry about is putting together an electronic portfolio of my work and then I will receive my diploma - Master's in General Education.

* Now that my paper is done and over with I can get back to focusing on the wedding plans. I have finally finished the invitations and I was so tired of looking at them that I addressed them and sent them out! I am looking forward to getting the responses back to see who will be joining us for the celebration! Other wedding news - I found my wedding band (Mike is still shopping around), started work on the guest book cards, we ordered the wine and will be working on the labels & other favors soon, and I have my first dress fitting this week! Getting down to the two month work - so lots to be done. Bridal shower to look forward to this weekend.

* Sage is slowly getting back to looking like her normal cute self. She had an interview this weekend for puppy daycare and it went well - she was friendly with the other puppies, so they will take her. Now she can have a little socialization while Mike is at work or she can stay there if we go away for a weekend or something.

* Other exciting news from this weekend - we started house hunting in Scarborough! We went and looked at four houses, but we didn't really like any of them. The house that we really wanted to look at won't be ready until Tuesday, so we'll probably try and sneak a peek later this week. We'll see what happens!

* No news with the job search. For those of you that didn't know I am looking for jobs closer to Scarborough, so that I won't have to commute approximately 45 minutes back and forth. I would really like to find a 5th or 6th grade math, but we'll see what happens with that as well. I will certainly miss the staff, my team and the students at Marshwood Middle School, but I just can't see myself teaching Geometry! YIKES-SCARY!

I am sure there will many things to chat about in the next few weeks, so hopefully I can keep up!

1 comment:

  1. So busy! I've been there! Can't wait to see you this weekend and even more excited for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete