
This was my exact response to Mike last night when he said something to me about taking Sage for a run. Whenever he brings up running, my immediate response is "I don't run!". It is one of those things that I am not good at. It is uncomfortable (sometimes painful), and I just really do not enjoy it. Even with my involvement with sports in high school I always dreaded the long distance running days or the mile run for PE. Mike on the other hand, ran cross country and would often go for runs through college. As a result, I would never even dream of going running together - much too intimidating and not my idea of fun!
That is why I thought it was very ironic that I started a training program for beginning runners today. I just had open my mouth and give that response last night! The story is that I wanted to participate in the Weight Watchers Walk-It Challenge, but when I looked over the training it seemed too easy. As I mentioned before I have been walking on the treadmill, which is more of a workout than the "challenge" WW offered. So, I decided to look at the beginning runner program instead. I thought, why not give it a try and see what happens. Today's workout was not too bad, but the problem is that it involved very minimal running (7 minutes out of 31) and I was still in a lot of pain. I just never feel comfortable and relaxed while running. But, I am not ready to give up yet, and we'll see how things go. Maybe Mike's wishes will come true, and I will have to take back last nights statement (I have my doubts).

No comments:
Post a Comment