The house was AMAZING! We were each split up into different bedrooms, which had their own bathrooms. Each family provided meals, so there was plenty of delicious food. Then there were, of course, plenty of board games, video games, pool, fooseball, movies in the theatre, and other entertainment to keep us occupied. There was especially, a lot of singing going on between Singstar karaoke and Rock Band. 

The weather was really nice and quite warm for March, which did was not so good for ice fishing, skating, cross country skiing or snowshoeing. Five of us ventured out onto the lake on Saturday. Ingrid, Sherry, Mom, Jon and I had the snowshoes and Mike had his cross country skiis. We went on the lake, but we soon decided to turn around, because the snow was melting. As soon as we sunk our foot into the snow a little bit of water would creep up. It certainly did not make us feel very safe. We figured that it was the snow melting on top of the frozen lake, but we did not want to take any chances. Unfortunately, we did not make it all the way back to the lodge without an incident. I of course ended up being the lucky one to end up in the water. It was my own fault, because I decided to take a look at Jason's ice fishing hole. After I snuck a peek I then started to head to more solid ground, but the snow underneath me broke away and I fell (and screamed)! Fortunately, I landed on my butt, on top of the snow that did not break away. But, I was soaked up to my knees. Luckily, it was not the lake water, because that would have been MUCH COLDER! My mom made her way over and helped by lifting me up. Here are a few photos from that adventure (none of me in the water of course, because my mom was more worried about getting me out than snapping a photo - thanks mom!).


With the help of my family I was also able to finish a major part of the wedding invitations this weekend. Here are a few more pictures of us working on the invitations, playing games and enjoying the food.







No comments:
Post a Comment